This course provides an overview of the directorship landscape in Singapore; the duties, responsibilities, risks and rewards of being a director; and the key considerations for accepting a directorship. Ideal for aspiring directors, this introductory course seeks to provide an appreciation of what it means to be a director of a commercial company. For those who want to know more about directorships in nonprofit organisations, SID also offers the course, “So, You Want to be a NonProfit Director”.
Provide a macro view of the directorship landscape in Singapore.
- Outline the range of duties, responsibilities, risks and rewards of directorship.
- Equip participants with knowledge to make informed decisions before joining a board.
- Plan the next steps for development as a director.
- The directorship landscape.
- Duties, responsibilities and liabilities.
- Due diligence.
- The directorship journey.
Aspiring and new directors, and senior management working with boards.
2 hours (1 hour self-paced e-learning + 1 hour live webcast).
Blended learning: e-learning (pre-read) and live webcast for panel discussion and Q&A.
SID members: $162.00 (incl. 8% GST)
Non-members: $280.80 (incl. 8% GST)