SBF - Subsidiary Board Director Fundamentals
This course seeks to provide subsidiary board directors with an understanding of the construct of boards in subsidiary and joint venture companies and the unique governance issues involved. The presenter will explain the principle of separate legal entity and share case studies to highlight practical and legal issues that may arise in boards of subsidiary entities. The roles and responsibilities of subsidiary boards related to corporate governance, best practices and tips on managing sustainability reporting, cross border and political issues are explained in the course.
- Examine the principle of separate legal entity.
- Explain the traditional roles, duties and responsibilities of a director.
- Highlight the corporate structures of subsidiary and joint venture companies.
- Explain the responsibilities and liability risks of subsidiary directors.
- Illustrate with case studies on how conflicts of interest may arise in corporate groups.
- Share best practices to bolster corporate governance in subsidiary and joint venture companies.
- Separate Legal Entity
- Traditional Directors’ Roles, Duties and Responsibilities
- Various Subsidiary and Joint Venture Structures
- Subsidiary Directors’ Responsibilities
- Personal Liability Risks
- Conflicts of Interest in Corporate Groups
- Other Notable Issues and Final Tips
- Questions & Answers
- End of Programme
CPD Hours : 2
SID members: $280.80 (incl. 8% GST)
Non-members: $399.60 (incl. 8 % GST)
SID Corporate Members may utilise their complimentary vouchers.
Head, Corporate & Transactional Group
Rajah & Tann
Mr Abdul Jabbar is an Executive Committee Partner and Head of Rajah & Tann’s Corporate and Transactional Group. He advises regularly on transfer of businesses and undertakings, statutory amalgamations, joint ventures, partnership agreements, group reorganisations and company disposals, as well as on corporate governance, compliance and regulatory matters. Mr Jabbar serves on the board as company secretary to numerous private and public listed and unlisted companies as well as several registered foreign companies with Singapore branches. He is listed as a leading practitioner in Who's Who Legal – M&A and Governance for 2017 and 2018, as well as in Who’s Who Legal – Management Labour and Employment for 2011 to 2017. He has also been recommended in Legal 500 (Corporate and M&A) and recognised as a leading practitioner in Legal Week’s Private Client Global Elite 2017.
Please register online by 13 February, 12 noon.
Email: [email protected]
Tel: (65) 6422 1188
Upon successfully enrolling for the course, you are deemed to have read and accepted SID’s Terms and Conditions for Courses/Events.
Online registration not available.