This course provides a broad-based understanding of what a corporate director needs to know with regards to his or her duties, responsibilities and liabilities, and how he or she can be effective as a director. The course is designed for directors of companies incorporated under the Companies Act in Singapore.
Define statutory and fiduciary duties and responsibilities of directors.
- Provide an overview of the regulatory environment and the corporate governance landscape in Singapore.
- Highlight the critical elements of financial and other disclosures needed.
- Describe the key components of effective board leadership.
- Recognise the balance between performance and compliance.
The directorship landscape and regulatory environment.
- Evolving legislation affecting all companies.
- Director duties and responsibilities.
- Due diligence, liabilities and rewards.
- What makes an effective board.
Aspiring and new directors, senior management and governance professionals.
Presentation with case studies, followed by panel discussion and Q&A.
SID members: $604.80 (incl. 8% GST)
Non-members: $788.40 (incl. 8% GST)
SID members: $561.60 (incl. 8% GST)
Non-members: $734.40 (incl. 8% GST)