This course is designed for directors without a strong financial or accounting background. It provides directors with essential accounting knowledge and practical tips, and equips them with the key tools and concepts to review company financial statements. Through the case studies and related discussions on situations involving financial and accounting matters, participants will learn what to watch out for in financial statements and how to avoid common mistakes.
Explain directors’ duties in respect of company financial reporting obligations and internal controls.
- Highlight the importance of asking relevant and probing questions in relation to financial statements.
- Enhance directors’ effectiveness when reviewing financial statements prepared by management.
Directors’ duty in preparing true and fair financial statements.
- Directors’ duty in implementing internal controls.
- Key focus areas when reviewing financial statements.
- Common accounting mistakes.
Aspiring, new and current directors, without a strong financial background.
Full day (or 2 half days online).
Presentation with case studies, followed by panel discussion and Q&A.
SID members: $669.60 (incl. 8% GST)
Non-members: $842.40 (incl. 8% GST)
SID members: $615.60 (incl. 8% GST)
Non-members: $777.60 (incl. 8% GST)