This course provides an introduction to the director landscape in Singapore and the duties, liabilities and benefits of directorship in nonprofit organisations (NPOs). Speakers will share what it means to be on the board of an NPO and what are the key considerations of joining a nonprofit board. With a good understanding of the nonprofit landscape and its duties and responsibilities, participants can make an informed decision before joining a nonprofit board.
Provide an overview the nonprofit landscape and the different types of NPOs.
- Highlight the differences between commercial organisations and NPOs.
- Explain the duties, responsibilities, liabilities and benefits of being a nonprofit director.
- Equip participants with knowledge to make informed decisions before joining a nonprofit board.
- Plan the next steps for development as an NPO director.
Directorship in a nonprofit landscape.
- Different types of directors.
- Board structure.
- The regulatory environment in Singapore.
- Responsibilities, liabilities and rewards.
- Joining a nonprofit board.
- The directorship journey.
Aspiring and new board members of NPOs and senior management of NPOs.
Presentation with case studies, followed by panel discussion and Q&A.
SID members: $162.00 (incl. 8% GST); $163.50 (incl. 9% GST from 1 Jan 2024)
Non-members: $259.20 (incl. 8% GST); $261.60 (incl. 9% GST from 1 Jan 2024)
(This course has been pre-approved for funding by the National Silver Academy. Participants who are Singaporeans or Permanent Residents aged 50 years and above in the year of course commencement are eligible to apply.)